8.08.2013

Who Are We?

This year's holiday market committee comprises of parents and teachers of Capitol Hill. Many of us are also artists and artisans that will be participating at this year's holiday market as well! First up...me, Lida Avery. I came onto this year's committee because Cathy McMurray's child will be completing 5th grade at the end of this upcoming school year. Since I have an incoming 2nd grader, and a Kindergartner in another year, I'll be at Capitol Hill for a while!

A quick about me: I am a teacher in the Hillsboro School District, I have a child attending Capitol Hill, and other child in pre-k, and I am an artist/crafter. I enjoy illustrating, sewing, ceramics, photography, and knitting. Visit my blog to see more! My goal for this holiday market is to not only raise money for Capitol Hill students by providing parents, families, and the community with a high caliber of artisans at the holiday marketplace, but also to make it profitable for the vendors so that they can sell a high volume of their products, and would want to come back next year! Well, I will be featuring the other committee members over the next few days....so stay tuned! In the meantime, my teeth people say, "Hi!"


No comments:

Post a Comment